Albert Wolff, 1814-1897 (Sculptor)
Clio - The muse of History
Location: In front of St. Nicholas Church
Clio is a base figure of the equestrian statue of Frederick William III., which was once found in the Lustgarten. The equestrian statue originally consisted of six figures, was unveiled in 1871 and the figures were finally placed in 1876. In the 2nd World War the monument was melted down. Only two figures remained relatively undamaged. One is Klio “The Muse of History” and the other “science” – both are now located behind the St. Nicholas Church.
The left hand of the base figure was once touching the monument base, while the right hand wrote.